Leaderboard
728x15

Weedy Seadragon at the Aquarium of the America's in New Orleans.

Large Rectangle

Check out these photos of animals images:


Weedy Seadragon at the Aquarium of the America's in New Orleans.
photos of animals
Image by praline3001
This is one of the VERY few animals that survived Hurricane Katrina at the Aquarium. Their rescued 250lbs sea turtle, the sea otters and penguins were the only other things to survive.


I apologize about the blur in the photo. These creatures have fins that move very fast and their tank is rather dark. It was extremely challenging to get a photo without any blur.

The weedy seadragon or common seadragon, is a marine fish related to the seahorse. It is the only member of the genus Phyllopteryx. Adult weedy seadragons are a reddish colour, with yellow and purple markings; they have small leaf-like appendages that provide camouflage and a number of short spines for protection. Males have narrower bodies and are darker than females. Seadragons have a long dorsal fin along the back and small pectoral fins on either side of the neck, which provide balance. Weedy seadragons can reach 45 cm in length.

The weedy seadragon is the marine emblem of the Australian State of Victoria


Chomp chomp chomp chomp
photos of animals
Image by Johnny Peacock
Okay, I'm really bad at naming photos. I used to agonize over what to call them. I've decided to just go with the first thing that comes to mind when I look at them. Unfortunately, on my first application of this rule the only thing I could think was, "Chomp, Chomp, Chomp, Chomp". Not a great start. This new photo naming method may just confirm that I have the mind of a child. I've also come to the conclusion that I've got a LOT of gorilla shots and am starting to run out of things to say about them. So, if you want to know more about my take on these incredible animals, and see more photos, click on the "Mountain Gorillas" category.

How do you guys go about naming your photos?

Click here for more on this shot at the Traverse Earth blog.

If you're interested in my HDR techniques, visit my FREE HDR TUTORIAL.

Banner